Use our scrap gold calculator to find the gold price per gram, oz, pound, kilo, pennyweight, tola, tael and even metric ton. Find real time values on all purities 24k, 20k, 18k, 14k, 10k, and everything in between. Simple to use, fun, and intuitive our calculator was built to more easily assist you in your conversions. Learn how to use
How to calculate gold price using your favorite new free gold app
- Weigh your ring, necklace, or pendant at home using a digital scale. If you don't have a digital scale visit amazon where you can purchase one for around $10 USD. If you don't have $10 to spend and/or don't want to wait for the scale to come in the mail, just ask a shop to weigh it for you.
- Enter the numeric digits into the calculator decimals and all. Example 4.56 or 14.56. If not decimal points enter in whole number 4 or 14 as an example.
- Find the purity / karat of your jewelry. If a ring, look inside for markings that look like this. If a necklace, look near the clasp for a tag that looks like this.
- Use the dropdown to select the karat based on your findings from number 3. Example 24k or 14k
- Lastly make sure the correct measurement is selected. By default that is oz, but it may also be gram, pound, kilo, pennyweight, tola, or tael. Just for kicks we added a Metric Ton option too, if by chance you have a metric ton of gold give us a call, we want to be your new best friend.
- That's all there is to it. The results will be displayed in the result field which is by default in USD.
Add this tool on your blog, web page, or forum. Please help us grow.